FIX THE APP!!!
Just fix the current app!! It no longer syncs with Google Tasks.
Open tasks are syncing if you log in with the same account on multiple devices (windows, Android, Iphone) - but as soon as you mark a task as done it only remains done on the device you marked it. On the other devices you can see it the same day as done - but one day after it’s simply gone completely.
Therefore if I‘d edited my list on my Ipad, opened it on my android phone, went to the supermarket, marked it there as “done” and opened the list again on my ipad, I’ll see it as done. But when I open the list a couple of days later on my ipad to reactivate the task I’d done-marked as open task, it simply vanished completely - while on my android its there.
The other way round as well. What I marked as done on my ipad will vanish after syncing on the android and remain as a “done-task” on the ipad.
Please fix this!!! I want to edit the list in my account on any device - and see the done-tasks on all of the devices just like the open tasks!
Same issue. Dev non-responsive via email. Super annoying.
David S commented
Same problems as Alex G reports below as well as reported by many other users
Tasks erase themselves! Take a long time to write again and again and again...
Yes, this is a mess for me too
Seems to work for me.
Alex G. commented
Sync worked for about 2 days, and once again stopped working today (July 27, 2019).
Same issue. Same story - also have been using for a very long and depend on it for managing about 30 lists. Now it is a disaster. Is it related to multi factor authorisation?
Alex G. commented
Same problem. I have gTasks on 2 iPads, one iPhone and one MacBook. Each client has completely different data! When I attempt to sync, the little progress wheel spins endlessly.
When I enter the Sync option in settings, most of the time I receive the error: “Last connection failed.” So I click on the email account and re-authorize sharing between gTasks and Google. Everything looks great. I receive an email from Google requesting I confirm authorization, and everything looks fine. There is now no error next to my email address in accounts.
I attempt to sync, and boom: another error message.
I have restarted the app, performed soft resets, etc., on all devices. Nothing syncs correctly.
But I did encounter a major bug: I now have multiple semi-identical lists, within which are many, many duplicates. It’s going to take me weeks to sort all of this out, and the worst part is that it’s a different mess on each device!
I’ve used gTasks for a long time. It’s been a great piece of software and I’ve always recommended it and rated it highly. I realize that Google’s new policies probably have something to do with these sync problems, but if this problem isn’t fixed soon, I’ll have to find other solutions.