Shopping Lists / Recurring Lists - Exemption from Deletion of Completed Tasks
Alternative use: My wife and I have discovered that it is possible to continually re-use a list as a recurring shopping list. Example, our Grocery List is alpha-sorted ... every item we have ever bought is listed in this list ... and each week, either of us simply show all completed tasks and uncheck the completed items to "add" them to this week's grocery shopping list. No need to type anything ... when shopping, just change the view to only show open tasks, and check them off as we go.
Problem: Lists within gTasks are always at risk of accidentally deleting All Completed Tasks without the ability to undo the delete. Errantly clicking "Delete Completed Items" will wipe out these lists.
Resolution: Please enable an option to designate individual lists as "Shopping Lists" or "Recurring Task Lists" ... to prevent the ability of inadvertently deleting completed tasks within these lists.
- For rapid implementation: maybe toggle a settings option to disable the "delete completed tasks" function? This is fast and easy and would help immensely.
- For long-term implementation: allow toggling the list-type between standard and recurring tasks, thereby exempting the list from deletion of completed tasks.
- Allow a complete backup of our entire data structure, to our iCloud accounts. We would obviously need a "Restore" or "import" function to bring items back in.
- Enable a "List Export to / Import from Archive" ... imagine being able to export a single list to a file stored in iCloud. Then being able to Import that list at some later time.
- Consider allowing users to "upload" their lists to your website ... for sharing ... where we can download others' lists and integrate them, in whole, or in part, into our own lists. I have an extraordinary shopping list that could be helpful for everyone.
Thanks so much for your consideration! I love this gTasks app! It is my most used and depended-upon app! Great work!